Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13!

Today started out like every other, meet at Hoffman Park, drive to Cushetunk, hike straight up the mountain for about 25 minutes. Then we had stretch circle, which is always where the day gets a lot more interesting. We fantasized about what our perfect days would be like. We discovered that a lot of us want similar perfect days, in which we hang out with friends/family, enjoy a delicious feast, and do some sort of exciting activity like skiing, rock climbing, going to the beach, or travelling abroad. We tried out a new routine today and had snack at 9:30 when we finally got to our tool cache. After snack we broke into two groups- team tread and team crush. Both groups got a ton of work done... YAY! I oversaw the tread team and we were able to get a lot done with six people. After lunch we got back to tread and by then we were cutting tread in the middle of the raspberry (or wineberry? there was also a debate about the proper terminology of the delicious berries) field. Bryan, Rex, Marcus, Scott, and Anthony decided that it would be a good idea to have BT (BerryTime) instead of doing work, but I had to put on my boss lady hat and tell them to save BT for later. We also had a debate over whether or not a root should be pulled out and I said no, because I didn't want the beautiful tree to die, and they called me a dictator and tried to over throw me, but alas, I am not a dictator, but a crew leader, so their efforts were futile. The root stayed put. At the end of the day, we moved our tool cache further into the trail, furthering our hike in every morning, but it means time carrying tools, so it's for the better. Trail wise, we are getting close to the end, I am thinking we'll finish cutting tread tomorrow, then spend the rest of next week working on crush and drainage!

On another note, I'm psyched for Harry Potter 7 pt 2 tomorrow night and Sandy Hook on Friday!!

1 comment: