Monday, July 12, 2010

Waking Up Monday Morning Is The Worst

Well it's my turn to be the blogger/journalist for my crew, so here's my blog on the day of Monday, July 12th 2010. The crew split up into three different teams; Ellen was in charge of fill and rock crush, Max was in charge of setting the final check step and fixing up the drainage areas, and Rose was working on a French Drain. I started off with Max's group and worked on debarking the final log and setting it in place with Marcus. After snack, I was with Ellen working on crush and fill. We accomplished quite a lot overall as an entire crew up to this point; the check steps were finished, the French drain was nearly completed, and the crush work was complete in the area we were working on. During lunch, game-master Doug presented us with 3 alternatives to our regular game of Mafia. The choices were: nap time, a core workout, or playing Baccalaureate SCA Edition. We decided on a combination of these ideas. We played Mafia with a Tila Tequila Baccalaureate theme. I also added the idea of doing crunches while we were "sleeping" during Mafia. I don't think anyone participated. Lunch was also when Zach came up with the clever nickname of Trey-ceratops from the bunk of his hammock. After lunch it's safe to say we accomplished much less than we did in the time before. Rose's group completed the French drain and did some re-vegging. Max's group went on an expedition to find more Trees of Heaven/Tree of Heavens. Finally, Ellen's group went to the very beginning portion of the trail that has not yet been started and did some corridor work. Looking forward for the rest of the week, we should be completed with the present trail we are working on by weeks end. Just in time for the BEACH TRIP!!! Anyway, this blog went on for a lot longer than I expected it to, I figured I'd polish up on my writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment