Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rocks, Rocks, Rocks

In the words of Zach Heyman: "I work on top of a mountain in a pile of boulders." true that.

Today it was my distinct pleasure to work with the Cushetunk crew....They move giant rocks...the project has been broken down into a few amazing stations...Arielle's crew worked to build a staircase at the entrance to the maze of boulders...its awesome. Lauren and her montly crew worked on moving other giant rocks the size of my kitchen table. I kind of wanted to eat my lunch on them. Colin led a crush crew that Hephaestus (the Greek God) would have been jealous of. I was fortunate to work with Anthony and Liz, wrestling with a few rocks for yet another staircase. (we won in the end.)

The weather was hot, I mean really hot today....102...but everyone worked hard none the less. I never cease to be amazed by what can be accomplished by a group of determined young people...It really fascinates me.... I want to take this moment to share a long time favorite quote...."Never underestimate the power of a group of committed citizens to change the world, in fact it is the only thing that ever has."-Margaret Meade.

Rock on,

DJ. Pajamajon

PS. I am also enclosing a riddle from Doug...

No comments:

Post a Comment