Monday, June 29, 2009

First Day of Green Team 2009

Ever since school's let out, it's been the same routine: wake up, hang around the house, stay up late, then finally go to bed. This morning was different though. I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 6:30 am. Sleepily I got up, got my stuff together and headed off to Voorhees High School. Why you may ask? Today was the first day of SCA 2009. When I arrived I was instantly greeted by smiles and an surrounded by enthusiastic hackey-sackers (if that is indeed the correct term). We later arrived at our meeting site and I was introduced to my crew. All I can say is WOW! What a group of crazy awesome people! Today's main focus was team-building and learning to mesh as a group. I was quite surprised by the funness factor of the games I was introduced to. From Big Booty (and Bryan being "the booty master") to Giants, Wizards, and elves where I felt like I was in a middle-earth version of Rock, Paper Scissors, Shoot. Today was also composed of delightful journeys through the lovely foliage upon trails composed by previous SCA teams. Viewing the trails exposed me to what I actually had gotten myself into and all i could keep thinking to myself was "THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST SUMMER EVER!" I can't believe it's only been one day yet I feel like I've known my crew for a lifetime. I can't wait till tomorow and the next day and the next day.....and so on. Horray for SCA!
-Jenn Borowski-

P.S.- I know this post isn't up to Greg's standards of being 2 pages, sorry greg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment